The top menu has this structure: File, View, Tools, Wizards, SQL marks and About.
The tools submenu is composed of following items:
- Save/Load/Clear SQL Console: This items saves/loads/clears content of SQL console pane, which is used for running SQL statements. After clearing the pane you can still view the executed sql queries in the Sql log pane.
- Logs: for clearing or saving content of log views.
- Save results from table/query as...: This will save the content of the grid into the file. You can choose delimiter for fields, delimiter for string fields and add column names as first line in the file. Operations have encoding combos included.
For further details see Connection configuration.
The preferences window allows you to change certain runtime variables. In the next versions many new subitems will be included, so this help will get extended. The preferences are written into the file client.properties. This file has a classical .ini format, so you can edit it using an ordinary text editor. Before editing directly, store the preferences via application, so you can just change/edit values of the preferences parameters.
So far the editable variables are:
- Automatic refresh of content of table - if set to true, after executing an insert/update/delete the content of table tab get automatically refreshed.
- Execute SQLmark after load - the default behavior of SQLmark upon it's selection is only to get displayed in the SQL Console. If set to true, the SQLmark will not only get displayed but also executed.
- Default limit - the default limit used in select queries within the Content of table tab.
- Save cols settings after refresh - remembers show/hide column selection after refresh of Content of table.
- Check for update on startup - when checked, action is performed at application startup
- Look & Feel - JavaSwing's architecture enables multiple Look and Feels. The change is applicable after restarting MyJgui application and possible options depends on operating system.
- Default table data tab - which tab will be shown after selecting table in the connections tree.
- Show grid in tables, use different color for every other row - are setting the attributes of table view pane. Some look and feels may not support each such feature.
- SQL console font size - font size in SQL console.
- You can decide, what you want to log - query time, timestamp, count of processed rows for Log and Sql log panes.
- Font size - font size in log pane.
The SQLmarks are a shortcuts for the most frequently used queries. You can create/edit/delete/move a SQLmark through this menu. SQLmarks can be stored also with parameters filled before running the query. For more details see: SQL console.
- Creating SQLmarks:
You can create SQLmarks by selecting a query in the SQL Console pane,entering the SQLmarks menu and hitting Add SQLmark item. This will open up an Add SQLmarks window where you have to name the SQLmark and choose a node within the SQLmarks tree. Another way to add SQLmark is via menu item Manage SQLmarks or via context menu SQLmark query (at right click) in SQL Console.
- Editing/moving/deleting items and creating folders is possible via the item Manage SQLmarks.
The rest of the SQLmarks menu is composed of all the saved SQLmarks. The SQLmarks menu tree gets updated in a way that folders are submenus and SQLmarks are menu items within those folders.
After all actions are confirmed in the dialog Manage SQLmarks the new submenu is recreated.
The internals of the SQLmarks are stored in the sqlmarks.xml file. If you have a basic knowledge of xml you can make your changes directly, but any mistake will result in the SQLmark menu will be unusable.
- Create database wizard
- Create table wizard
(for further details see wizards section)
The about submenu contains just one item: About. Contains version and action: Check version. Will connect to myjgui.com page and check if there is already newer version available.